Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ready to Rumble

We managed to survive yet another day of ridiculous snow. The dogs did not go for their usual walk last night – I just couldn’t face it yesteday but today was calling to me for getting wet and muddy and so I obliged. It’s a little warmer and certainly feels a like a better day. Although, I am out of washer fluid which makes driving an interesting experience.






We seem to have settled into a routine of sorts at last. Raimi and Halo are playing much more – mostly because Halo had been either preggers, nursing babies or Zero was interfering in their play relationship. Now it’s just the two of them things seem to have taken a turn toward maniacal play in the livingroom while I’m trying to watch TV. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact the TV is blocked by Raimi's Gigantor bulk and they have no mute button.


Also … the cats. Now, I do love the sweet little kitties – they are so entertaining. Ceilidh is clingy and loves to snuggle on my lap while I watch TV or surf the internet. Mallaig is less snuggly and more about 'play with me'. It’s the night time activities that are testing my patience. There is no reason to run like elephants up and own the hall at midnight, wrestle on the pillow next to my head at 2am or walk up and down my body at 4am. Demanding to be fed at 6am does not help either when I have another hour of sleep left on the clock.








Cats wrestle silently. It’s eerie. I have grown used to the wookie/yowling/mawing noises that come from the Ridgebacks while they play and the general cacophony of two large animals pretend killing each other. Watching cats play is like watching a silent movie – I keep expecting cartoon KABLAM! BIFF! KAPOW! to flash before my eyes with little stars in orange on blue color explosions.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

We're glad to see and hear that things are going a little better for you. And don't worry...this snow is sure to be gone in a hurry with the warmer temps coming which will leave behind lots of mud for your babies to romp around in. : )