Monday, April 21, 2008

Highway to Hell

I don't even know where to begin with the past weekend's events. It was the worst weekend I've spent in living memory.

The snow began Friday afternoon but like the fools we are we loaded up and headed out to Edmonton for the show. Raimi and Halo tucked safely in the back of the truck, the Pulis in their crates and off we went. The highway Calgary to Red Deer was slick with ice and thank gawd for 4x4 - at Olds we passed a south bound pile up and as we crept by several other vehicles in the on-coming traffic were going too fast, did not brake in time and added to the accident.

Saturday morning woke us up with worse weather, bitter cold and Halo thinking she was being punished for something. The show was a bust and we headed back to our hospitable friends' home where we had a hearty stew dinner and sat in to watch a movie. We decided that a cosy fire was in order which sounds like a great idea except the floo was only partially open. This resulted in the house filling with smoke whereupon the alarm went off. The movie was spent blinking away tears, sneezing and coughing.

Sunday morning was the worst weather yet but we made it to the show. Once again Raimi and I were bounced out of the ring - some weekends are like that and frankly looking back how we did at the show was the least of our concerns. My mom did place 4th in group with her Puli and was the most successful win of the weekend.

The drive home on Sunday was by far the worst road conditions I have ever driven in. Solid ice lane to lane, the wind was blowing so hard it as pushing the truck sideways, the snow was blowing off the fields so hard sometimes you couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you and assholes were zipping by at dangerous speeds. I was tense the entire drive and had a splitting headache by the time I got home.

When I finally did get home I was met with bad news via email and also discovered that some junkie from two doors down had hopped my fence, knocking it down and leaving a huge hole for the dogs to escape through plus whoever the tweaker was left my yard through the actual gate and had left it wide open. Gawd I hope that meth lab explodes with all the tweakers, junkies, dealers and hollowed out humans inside it - there is a house between my and them so we're pretty sheilded.

I also realized that a good friend who'd been visiting from overseas for a couple months (I'd only seen her once due to circumstances) had left the country without saying goodbye even via voice mail.

Then today my mom got some extremely bad news and thus ends the 4 day shit streak on the underwear of life.


Here's a picture from the day Petal died which pretty much sums up the past few days. Actually, my backyard pretty much still looks like this. Thank you for listening to me bitch.

No comments: