Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kaleidoscope

I don’t mind saying I’m sick of the snow. Seriously. Enough now. I can’t imagine the dogs feel any less sick of it than me except they don’t have to drive in it. My beautiful truck is currently the color of the underside of a Galapagos turtle - come to think of it it also resembles the top of a Galapagos turtle.

On the plus side I discovered yesterday that I’m not alienating as many people as I thought I was. Phew. I seemed to have been on a kind of roll what with my bad attitude last weekend and lack of patience and general dour outlook on life as we know it. It’s been a rough couple weeks but things are looking up. The friend I thought had returned to Scotland is actually staying an extra few weeks and we have finally managed to connect. Seems we both entered the twilight zone of bad timing and crap circumstances at the same time. We were on parallel paths to insanity. Well, we still are on the insanity path but at least we can now send smoke signals to each other.

I’m thinking the zoo might be in order this weekend with my friend Tanja and her children – weather permitting of course. Sadly they don’t let you take dogs to the zoo which is probably good because Raimi would be terrified of pretty much everything there. The Boy isn’t exactly a poster dog for the courage of the breed, could have something to do with the utter spoilation he has experienced in the first year of his life.

Halo has settled admirably into the role of Queen Bee-yotch and lounges luxuriously on the couch in a dog version of Cleopatra. If you never seen the QB in her glory on the couch I give you Exhibit A.

Last night Raimi had jammed himself next to me on a section of couch sized for a dog a third his volume but who’s counting? He wants to be near me and steal Wine Gums – which he did and when I said “Wha …?” he went ‘PATOOWIE!” and it stuck to the carpet. I retrieved it covered in dog spit, lint, cat and dog hair – a quick evaluation determined it was not recoverable and I let him have it. Utter. Spoilation.

Every day I say good morning and good night to Petal. Her urn is on order and being made as I type. Should only take a few weeks to come and once it’s here I’ll show you what it looks like - should actually just look like her. Life moves forward and we adjust to the changes – it’s been almost 2 weeks since Petal left us and here we are still walking around with a hole in our lives. Well, Raimi and I are … Halo can’t believe her luck.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Your puppy dogs are so loved and are so lucky to have you as their momma.

Kathryn said...

Yeah Tamzin! I knew you'd come back to us! :) Rory was rooting for you. Of course, Rory roots for everybody, but still....