Sunday, June 29, 2008

Visit to a Small Planet

Before I get on the road again into Montana I have to mention a Raimi adventure I was so worried about. You know that saying "Don't worry about it til it happens?" Well ... that applies to everything, including your obsessive adoration of a large Momma's Boy.

I was heading to Cochrane yesterday to visit a friend and since I had to do a little training with Rory and assess his development I thought I'd leave Raimi with Kathryn and see how he does on his own in a strange environment. I am going to Nova Scotia for a week in the fall and Kathryn has volunteered to keep him ... this was a test for Raimi otherwise I'd have to find another alternative. Kathryn has lots of Ridgeback experience and I trust her judgement and care.

Well, I needn't have worried. Apparently he sniffed the air a few times to see if I was hiding somewhere ... and then promptly resumed play with Rory and relaxing in the heat. He was so tired last night he could barely stay awake long enough to get in the house and to bed. This morning he was dead asleep with his head on my neck and was very unwilling to get out of bed!

So I needn't have worried and I suspect most of the apprehension is mine but well he's My Boy and I am very attached to him. Since he did so well I'll worry less when I'm gone but it's always a hard to trust someone else with your babies ... who could ever take care of them better than you?

No comments: