Monday, June 16, 2008

Mansfield Park

This last Saturday we headed out to Lloyd Park again for a Ridgeback walk. I took about 130 photos which are still on the camera as I do not have my laptop right now. As soon as I have the pooter back I’ll DL the photos and post them.

It was a gorgeous day – the perfect temperature for running the dogs. No one got over-heated and there was standing water everywhere so it was easy for them to cool off and stay hydrated. We had 4 babies from the last litter plus Ryder and Raimi and my friend Liana brought her two dogs, Telly & Jackson, for a run as well.

Telly is a pitbull and Jackson is a pittie/min pin cross – both are close enough to the Ridgeback color to get mixed up with everyone else except they both have prick ears. Telly is an awesome dog with a great temperament except she doesn’t always listen – she is more obstinate than any dog I’ve ever known! Jackson was a hit as he is a fast little bugger and the Ridgeback babies had a ball trying to catch him. The only puppy who managed to come close to keeping up was Mungo – I have a great picture of the two of them in full flight.

We meandered along a path that led around the ‘lake’ and the view was fanatastic and as the mosquitos aren’t out yet so we walked in comfort the whole way. Give it a couple more weeks and the air will be thick with blood thirsty teradactyl skeeters.

I think that night everyone would have been very heppily tired and all the homes could spend the evening in peace!

Once I have the computer back and I can load the pictures it will be obvious why we choose to walk the dogs at Lloyd Park … it’s perfect for the Ridgebacks.

No comments: