Thursday, June 12, 2008

Forbidden Planet

It begins. Last week Halo came into psuedo-heat where she started to swell a little but stalled for about 6 or 7 days while she contemplated the actual level of bitchiness she thought she could achieve. Apparently a decision was reached and she has decided to ‘pop it’ and is in full fledged heat.

From yesterday morning to last night she went from a little swelling to Raimi’s head exploding with how much he loves his Mommy. I can’t decide if The Momma's Boy is acting like this because he is now seperated from his mommy or because she’s in heat. Likely both. He hasn’t tried any actual breeding behaviour and seriously – no one wants that – but it’s more a desperate need to be near her 24/7.





I let them out this morning with Raimi by himself in the yard for a few minutes while I prepared their food and Halo clung to me because I had dog dishes. I switched the dog locations so Halo could go pee in peace and he raced from room to room looking for her. I brought her in and put her panties on but Raimi is so in love that she practically had to unstick him from her side to go and eat. He doesn't try to mount her … just holds onto her ears and trots next to her – it’s cute in a stalker-like way.

Thankfully because she seems to ovulate between day 10 and day 16 we will be out of the country and Halo will be at a friend’s house when she’s in standing heat. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I will be providing the panties and liners for her. Good luck with that.

Raimi needs to be away from his mom and grow some backbone. Halo will be gone for several months while we wait for her next heat (because of timing she’ll hit those damn shipping embargoes again) and we may have Zero as a trade to tide Raimi over. Zero will teach Raimi that you can cut the U cord and not die from it.

So the tally rises of things designed to irritate Halo: 1) she’s in heat 2) her ears are taped under her chin now because all other avenues have failed 3) it’s been pouring the last few days 4) she has to wear embarassing panties. Singularly these things are easy to deal with – combined and I am homicidal toward this dog.

No more park for Halo either – that will not go down well with Boy too as he counts on her for poop cues … Halo doesn’t care as long as there’s food to tide her over while we're gone.








And what blog these days is complete without Weasley? Dear gawd that cat makes me want to vomit rainbows.

5 comments:

Timothy Mills said...

You never cease to amaze me with your ability to turn a phrase. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at your last sentence there - vomit rainbows!

What an deliciously anarchic twist you give to the English language.

And yes, I do mean all that as a compliment, honestly.

Heathe said...

"Vomiting Rainbows".. is so funny. I am so going to have to work that in :)

Steven and Kimberly said...

Looks like you have a lot to deal with right now. I wasn't aware that they actually make panties for dogs in heat. Poor Halo...life's just not going her way right now.

Kathryn said...

Yeah, vomiting rainbows is pretty funny (albeit a potentially painful endeavour), but what's really priceless is the pic of Halo with her ears taped under her chin. Okay, I know, I do feel a certain amount of guilt so I try and be grave about the whole thing, but that photo was side-splittingly funny (hmmm...side-splitting, THAT'S probably what happens when one vomits rainbows. Or horseshoes).

Kathryn said...

Zero? ZERO? Ohboyohboyohboyohboy! Momma says I gotta learn to be my own dog - maybe that's like finding a backbone? If Raimi gets one can I have one too? Can I eat it? Does this mean I can hang with Zero? ....Rory