Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Raimi the Brave

I've decided to change The Boy's aka to The Coward. He's got some pretty sketchy nerves. So far there has been the killer piece of broken wasp nest, the newspaper caught in the grass, a feather, a kite and a leaf. There may have a been what one might call an "over-reaction" to these scary objects.

Last night however, Raimi encountered something called a poorly secured curtain and rod which fell onto his peacefully slumbering body. Well, if he didn't know he had legs before he sure did then. He shot out of the bedroom and smashed into every thing he could on the way out and was careful about making as much noise about it as possible. I can imagine the flailing legs, flying ears, wide eyes and the little bit if pee that eeked out as he made his graceful way out of the bedroom. I sat up and turned on the light to see him peering around the corner. I tried to man handle him back into his bed but me versus a 90 pound scaredy cat was no contest. Not even food could lure him back, in the end he settled for me moving his bed to the other side of the room.

Speaking of cats, she made a much more graceful and silent exit from the room with the incident occured. At least she was quiet about it. Although, she didn't reappear til halfway through the night.

Halo and Travis persevered and acheived a 20 minute tie today. This means 63 days from today is a Boxing Day litter. Oooooh. Christmas babies. Well, we'll see. I have 4 weeks to cancel or move my ticket to Scotland, I may just move it to be on the safe side - 3 1/2 weeks is too early to ultra-sound and 5 weeks is too late to cancel or move the ticket so I'm stuck. Not a bad stuck - just a stuck. I'm okay with that. It is what it is.

Hoping for another breeding Friday and again on Sunday. Momma should be home next week.

No comments: