Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dog Days of Fall

Today started out slow. Now, the "Rule" is they don't get up unless I get up. Dogs don't decide what time I get out of bed. Usually. However, smart Ridgebacks have figured that the more they do annoying things in their beds the more likely I am to get fed up and just get out of bed. Antics include whine-yawns, licking various body parts, stretching, groaning, sighing and general fussing. Me actually sitting up illicits a tidal wave of joy and general "surprise" that I'm up now.

They head outside and I prepare their food. They know this. Which is why a quick pee and staring hard at the back door is all that happens after patrolling for marauding squirrels. Raimi has happy feet all the way down the hall knowing he's going to be fed. Ever seen 7 month old happy feet on a Ridgeback? It's something like a giant intoxicated marionette.

After moving more things around and creating the "Dog Room" we headed off to the park for a quick romp and then I put Riami and Kenya in the secured expen and went shopping. I got home to both of them out and an expen almost exactly the way I left it. Kenya I can see getting out - she's a slippery little sucker, but the intoxicated marionette? He'd only done it once and I think that was a fluke. However, he had his sister to show him this time. She goes home soon so I'm banking on his short memory.

Apparently a morning of me tripping over them, an afternoon of dog park and prison break and an evening of nothing whatsoever is terribly exhausting because every animal is unconscious.

Momma leaves for CA on Tuesday and I'm counting on Air Canada not to screw it up. The Boy still thinks she smells really interesting but hasn't yet figured out what to do about it. He won't get the chance.

No comments: