Sunday, May 18, 2008

Picture Perfect

TA DA! New Champion Raimi!
This photographer uses a different method for backgrounds than I have ever seen in dog show photography. First you choose a background from about 40 slides of varying colors and themes - from abstract to autumn trees to an old world library - you give the slide to Inge and she photographs the dog with the background already there instead of inserting it after the fact. This makes a huge difference because digitally inserted backgrounds always kind of look cheesy don't they? They did promise to have African themes soon for the Basenjis and Ridgebacks! Can you imagine how COOL that would be for a National Specialty???


I love this photo for several reasons - it' s the best stacked photo I have of Raimi, I look decent, the judge looks happy, the background is perfect and Raimi and the ribbon stand out because the judge and I fade into the background. Also, the judge and I are both looking at the dog; this means that when you look at the photo your eye is drawn to whatever the people are looking at - the dog - and is a trick of show photos many judges do not consciously do. Special thanks to judge John Rowton for recognizing the quality in my handsome boy and making my first home bred championship one to remember!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Well, what can one say? Beautiful. Oh, and you look okay too Tamzin. But Raimi, really, awesome pic!