Monday, May 23, 2011

Room with a View

When I walk the dogs I love to watch them explore. Unfortunately my view of them is often something like this:

A couple of brown bums disappearing into the bushes. Chances are they're looking for deer poop. In fact, Leeloo is probably partaking of the delicacy in that photo. Boy just seems to wander. Kind of like this one where he is strolling up the path thinking difficult Boy thoughts like "Sniff. Grass. Walk. Sniff." But again, the view is the same for me: brown bum.



This is the same kind of photo except it's Leeloo and it's moving a little faster. This was one of her rare 'at speed' moments. They are fewer and further between these days. I can almost see her getting fatter by the hour.


Here's one where you can see ... brown bottoms sticking out of the bushes. If you are in the market for a Ridgeback this will be your view for years to come. Whether you live on the prairies, near the mountains, the woods, the beach ... head down, tail up, sniffy sniffy sniffy. Get used to it.


But, I love it. I love their Lewis and Clark spirit. Their David Thompson adventuring (ya that's right Albertans ... *David Thompson*). And their insatiable need to just keep following their nose no matter what kind of trouble they get into and no matter how I yell myself hoarse. And if you are lucky enough to have this view then you will love it too. Don't say I didn't warn you.


No comments: