Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The New World

Autumn has finally fallen on Nova Scotia. The leaves are starting to turn in some areas and the temperature has dropped to a nice cool livable degree at last. I even had the heat on the other evening. If I was in Calgary in my basement suite the heat would be going non-stop in the middle of the day! For some reason I have been inexplicably excited about the coming fall and winter seasons ...
I have been trying to explore the area to get a better idea where to walk the dogs that is not a beach. Now that it's cooler out going to the beach isn't nearly as fun(like forcing them into the water) so we've hit our usual haunts and done some forest expeditions. As it turns out Google Earth is a great way to get an idea where you might explore next. I found, about a minute's drive from my house, a series of ATV trails that appear to be mostly unused - they are over grown and branches are now several years worth of hanging down in the way. I'm not sure who owns the property - it is most likely Crown land - and is several acres of fields and forest. Perfect for making dogs happy.


This happy enough?
Or how about this? Halo practising to be a carousel horse. Can you tell we are brothers?
No time to stop and chat ... things to explore!

No comments: