Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Tie That Binds

Today Halo finally convinced Zuli that she was worth his time and effort. I was a day off from my original thought that it would be Friday. So we mark our calendars from today and count 9 weeks which puts puppies possibly the last week in March. She will be bred again tomorrow and Saturday and that will cover the 5 day gammut of ovulation. She will then make her way back to Salt Lake City this weekend and I’ll pick her up in Montana in two weeks.

I have missed Halo in her time away. It’s been a year of upheaval for the poor girl and once she comes home with me … home she’ll stay. Of course, she’ll have to put up with Leeloo while she’s in whelp. The biggest benefit to having Leeloo now is that she will play with Raimi rather than Raimi hassling a pregnant Momma to play. She was long suffering last time …

Nothing at this point is guaranteed of course but we remain hopeful. I’ll be contacting my waitlist this weekend to see who is still interested in a Halo baby. If you are not on the list yet now’s the time!

No comments: