Friday, January 30, 2009

Demolition Man

Most Ridgeback owners will one day come home to the sound of a dog bouncing with excitement on the other side of the front door when they are supposed to be safely locked in a containment area. Most dog owners will probably experience this but the difference lies in the destructive power of the dog on the other side of the door.

Thus I was greeted with much glee today as soon as I stepped inside. The first thing I noticed, beneath the feet of the excited dogs, was shredded paper. The paper out of my coilring notebook with my cute little poems in it. I should add "destroyed by dog" to my list of reasons why I haven't done creative writing for a while.

The quantity of paper did not equate an entire notebook so there were two options: the notebook was under something and the dogs were unable to complete their task, or they ate it. Since it was a coilring I experienced a brief moment of worry which was quickly over-shadowed by the thought of the added work I now had to do before Adine arrives with Karma for the show this weekend.

Also, all my chocolates in the candy dish are gone. Again. I hope the dogs both have diarrhea it will serve them right. At least it was not an entire dish, just a half dozen or so, and it wasn't filled with ju jubes which would have made me more angry.

On the plus side Leeloo appears to have gone the entire day without peeing anywhere. This is the third time this week she has managed it and I am hopeful that soon she will reliably hold it for the day like any normal, sensible, clean dog.

At this point the mess is cleaned up, I found the notebook under the couch with poems intact and Raimi is currently apologetically sleeping with his head on my lap because I yelled at him for jumping on my groceries when I came in the door. He has been apologizing all night and while I forgave him some time ago he still needs a bit of comfort.

His sister is on her way and all thoughts of how much he loves me will fly out the window when he sees her.

No comments: