Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I don't only live with Ridgebacks, I also have three cats who occasionally make the blog. I mentioned the other week that Ceilidh had two fleas. I think that's all she had but I bought flea shampoo and wanted to bath her anyway. The other two cats do not have fleas and I am just baffled by the whole thing. At any rate Ceilidh was getting a bath regardless to get the flea dirt off her and rid her of any lurkers.


Bathing a cat ranks right up there with swimming with leeches and sliding naked down a sand dune. Fortunately Ceilidh, prior to my ownership of her, had her front claws removed. This means she can do no more than grip me with her little cat mittens and look stricken. I was mindful of her rear claws but since she tends to be a fairly mellow cat I didn't anticipate too much of a problem.
Initially she was mortified, then horrified, then resigned, then mortified again until we were done. She is not as fat as I thought which is good, just a little portly about the belly.
Once the process was complete and I rubbed her down and she hopped onto the floor where Weasley spent quite a bit of time sniffing her and looking disgusted.
She spent a couple hours 'drying' herself and being followed by the dogs and the other two cats as though she were some alien being that just landed on Planet Redhead. "Take me to your leader."

No comments: