Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fantastic Four

Raimi has finally started to put on weight. Must be all that cheap dog food I'm stuffing him with these past few days. I'm mixing it in with his regular food and he seems to be eating everything without thinking about it. Phew. I was feeling like a bad dog owner by having this giant rack of bones dog.

Leeloo is finally developing a chest, I'll have to take her shopping for a training bra soon and no joke either - her boobies are all swollen and sore from being in heat. Like I need two bitches with grotesque nipples hanging down. Her line is known for presenting false pregnancies but it makes me paranoid to see a bitch looking like she's preparing for a litter when I know she wasn't bred. I won't talk about how tall Leeloo is except to say that her legs are as long as they look.

Halo remains as ever and we have settled into a routine of napping and free tracking on our walks. The heat is just too much to ask her to work in so once we get into the dog days of fall I'll concentrate more on her training. Although she loves the heat so it's more me that doesn't want to work in it! I brought in the laundry this afternoon off the line and just doing that activity had me sweating.

Archer is losing teeth like crazy. All of his incisors, lower canines, and all premolars are gone and are being slowly replaced by his shiny white adult teeth. Just his back molars and upper canines remain. Those upper canines are always the last to go. I found one of his lower canines on the floor - fascinating really since it is not just a smooth tooth but it has ridges on it near the gum line, presumably to better aid eating solid food - kind of serated like a shark. He has a nice tight scissor bite which is so great since Halo's is only just a scissor - something I wanted to improve with this litter.

Everyone is slowly adjusting to the heat, incuding me, but it's been a bit of a learning curve. I hadn't really considered the heat before I got here, I'd rather assumed it was more temperate than Calgary. I'm not complaining though since mid-afternoon today my computer was telling me that Calgary hit an enviable high of 15 degrees ... BAH-hahahahahahaaaaaaa(and so on).

No comments: