Friday, May 15, 2009

Clean Slate

Big day here for the puppies. This morning they got a bath, this afternoon they get microchipped, Missy gets on a plane for Yellowknife, Rio goes to her home here in Calgary, and Bridget gets picked up for a drive to her new home in Kitimat, BC.

I decided to torture the puppies by not only giving them baths but taking pictures of the torture. I started out with Bridget, Missy, and Odie and realized I'd left the camera in the kitchen. However I remembered it for the bathing of Archer, Rio and Elsa. I didn't think I could do 4 at once so I gave Hunter a stay of bathing until the end.

However, he had other ideas and was curious what was happening in the tub. I decided to let him find out. He realized in a hurry that not only is the grass not greener ... it's wetter, soapy, unpleasant and definitely not what he expected.

As quickly as he wanted in the tub, he wanted out. He did that Ridgeback thing where all systems stop, he looks at the water and tries to carefully back away from it. He was stuck in the tub but wasn't going to let that stop him. I'd taken the mat out though so there was no grip to jump and any escapees just slid right back in. Left to right are Archer, Elsa, Hunter and Rio.

At first they tried the very sad eyes and droopy ears but it was all for naught. I am totally unswayed. They got bubbled, rinsed and rubbed dry. Resignation is a beautiful thing sometimes - makes the process that much simpler. They are now all blissfully sleeping off the trauma.

No comments: