Friday, May 16, 2008

Animal House

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter books & movies and in them there is a character family of redheads called the Weasleys with 7 children who live in a house called The Burrow. I think I’m going to name my house “The Burrow’ because I’m actually in a basement suite and I have just added another redhead to the roster.

Meet Weasley – the final cat installment. He is 8 weeks old and comes from my brother’s house of insanity. The last kitten we raised was Jaffa(orange tabby anyone?) when I was about 12 so this has been an interesting experience. He is completely adorable but his antics at 3am can be very trying.

Weasley LOVES the dogs and Raimi has a new best friend. He zips in and out of their legs and zooms down the hall.
I love this picture – the look on Halo’s face says WTF?




Raimi likes to watch Weasley play with the cat toys and I know when Raimi has been ‘playing’ with Weasley because the top of his little kitten head is wet from poking and heavy sniffing.

The resident cats are not happy. Ceilidh is slowly resigning herself to it but Mallaig is quite quite sure Weasley is from the seventh circle of hell. They will only approach him if he’s not looking at them. The second he says “Oh hi!” they hiss and bolt. He is very confused by this but they are all improving everyday.

I will say tho that if you want a cat that is easy going as all hell get an orange tabby. Also, if you want a kitten who is practically bombproof have it raised by a high traffic household with 3 young boys, 6 birds, a dog and a zillion cats. Actually all my cats are friendly, outgoing, and cheerful – the dogs are too so if you come to my house you are greeted by all the redheads whether you like it or not.

My mom thinks I’m crazy. I cannot dispute this given the evidence.

No comments: